UNIVERSITY LABORATORY SCHOOL FOUNDATION © 2014 | Privacy Policy

STAY CONNECTED

CONTACT US

UNIVERSITY LABORATORY SCHOOL FOUNDATION

225.578.3148

ulsfoundation@lsu.edu

 

                           45 Dalrymple Drive

                           Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803

 

 

 

1932

Football is introduced as a student activity and is coached by Leslie M. "Hoss" Norton, who came to the school as a fellowship teacher of American History and English in September 1931.

 

The new football team "swamps" the Clinton All Stars by 68-0 on October 30, 1932.

 

Basketball and track are also coached by Coach Norton.

 

First full-time librarian, Mrs. Will C. Daniels, is employed. The State Department of Education Supervisor of School Libraries, Mrs. Roy L. Shortess, helps the school build a proper collection of books.

 

 

1934-1935

Grades 5 and 6 are added.

 

The Latin Club is founded and eventually becomes the oldest club at UHS.

 

 

1935-1936

Grades 1, 2, 3 and 4 are added.

The Latin Club is soon followed by a Library Club

 

 

1937

The addition of grades1 through 11 is now complete.

 

 

1938

First yearbook, The Cub, is published in mimeograph form and is edited by Jimmy Stoker and assistants Martin Wright and Marvin Osborn. The first issue states, "In an effort to preserve for the future cherished memories of days spent here in friendship and happiness, we establish the annual of the Senior Class of UHS. The first publication is submitted as a souvenir of our fellowship."

 

Sports activities continue to thrive with football, basketball, volleyball, archery, soccer, golf, softball, track, tennis, bowling and boxing now all available.

 

 

1939

66 students graduate.

U-High wins South Louisiana Basketball Championship

1930s