First class to have the opportunity to attend U-High for 12 years graduates
Construction begins on the new LSU Laboratory School located on Dalrymple Drive.
The University High School National Honor Society chapter is established in the 1950-1951 school year.
Leonard Kilgore, Ph.D., is introduced as the new school principal.
March 16, 1953 is the official opening of the new facility on Dalrymple Drive.
Teachers are responsible for moving their own classrooms.
Students assist by walking their own books and materials to the new site.
Students serve as tour guides for an open house that is open to the community at large.
The local news media praise the state-of-the-art facility in featured coverage of the opening.
Key Club wins national awards for two years in a row for service projects.
Although football and basketball are still struggling due to a lack of facilities, baseball excels going to state play-offs at least once around this time period.
Ben Miller is elected as the school’s first Student Body President.
Caps and gowns replace the traditional formal dress at University High School’s graduation. Pictured is the 1955 graduating class.
University High School football, under the leadership of Coach Vane Wilson, and after many years of perseverance despite hardships, wins the District 8-A football championship.
Band receives first “superior” rating under the direction of Vernon E. Daigle
Future Business Leaders of America sponsors the first Career Day at U-High.
Elizabeth Bollinger, pictured left as a senior, is elected the first female Student Council President at U-High.